Again another awesome breakfast post. I have mentioned over and over how I am always looking for good breakfast foods. I love making breakfast for my girls every weekend. Have I mentioned that I make the best waffles ever. I have also posted really easy english muffins and a whole bunch of other breakfast foods. I found this old fashioned pancakes recipe on Food Wishes, a great video blog by Chef John. Before I found this good old fashioned pancakes recipe, I had a good pancake recipe but I was always getting different results every time I made them. With this recipe, if you follow the instructions, the pancakes will come out consistent every time.
Oh by the way see that up there? That’s for you. I sacrificed some of the best pancakes for a great picture to show them off to you. I am not a fan of maple syrup, I prefer homemade vanilla syrup. The recipe can be found here.
Good old Fashioned Pancakes
Adapted and tweaked from Food Wishes
- 3 C. all-purpose flour
- 7 t. baking powder
- 2 T. white sugar
- 3 T. brown sugar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 1/2 C. milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C. (1 stick) butter, melted
- Melt butter and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl sift together flour, baking powder, sugars, and salt.
- In another bowl or a 4 cup measuring cup, mix together milk and eggs.
- Pour butter into flour mixture then add the milk mixture and immediately whisk to combine. Leave some lumps though. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat a griddle to 350 degrees F, or a skillet on medium to medium high heat.
- Butter (my preferred method) or oil your griddle or skilled and using a 1/4 cup pour out pancakes onto griddle or skillet and cook.