I saw these mini apple fritters on Pinterest a while back. Oh, BTW, you can follow me on Pinterest if you want. I keep all the recipes from the site there under the “Best Recipes Evar” board. I also love to pin other awesome recipes there as well. Did you know you can pin the recipes I post here at the bottom of each post page? You can pin them or post them to Twitter or Facebook and more, just click the main link above and go to the post page.
Ok done with the self promotion. These little balls of goodness are very tasty and well worth it. This recipe is very easy to do, the main effort is cutting the apples and frying the balls up. I don’t think my kids had ever had fritters before so this was a new one for them. We all loved them, I know you will too.
Mini Apple Fritters
Adapted from Seemingly Greek
Mini Apple Fritters Ingredients
- 1 C. Heaping All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 C. sugar
- 1 t. baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 – 2 t. cinnamon (depending on how much you love cinnamon)
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1 T. butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/3 C. milk + plus more if needed1 – 1 1/2 C. chopped apple, your favorite kind for eating, peanut sized or smaller
- Oil for frying
- 3 T. Butter
- 1 C. Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 t. Vanilla Extract
- 2-3 T. Hot Water
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients minus the apple, and carefully mix until well combined but not overly beaten.
- Gently fold in apple pieces.
- The batter should be the consistency of a light cake mix.
- Heat oil to 365°
- Using a cookie scooper or soup spoon, place a 4-5 balls of dough into the oil, be careful not to overcrowd.
- Watch carefully for the underside to turn golden brown, then gently flip over and continue frying until done.
- For the Icing: Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl. Mix in the powdered sugar, vanilla and hot water. You may need to add a little more water or a little more powdered sugar depending on your desired consistency. Use as an icing or even just a dip.