I love breakfast foods. Most of them are like desserts, but you can have them for a whole meal! You have a sugar rush to start your day. Isn’t that the best thing ever? This crunchy french toast is a fun twist on french toast. I have had some frosted flakes in my pantry for a while. The girls haven’t wanted to eat it whatsoever, not sure why not but whatever. I figured I would try to use some of it up. I had seen some recipes where people used Captain Crunch or corn flakes as a kind of batter or outside. I figured I would give it a try. The end result was fantastic. The kids really enjoyed it and thats good enough for me. I hope you try it.
Crunchy French Toast
- 1 loaf Challah bread cut thick or 8 slices thick cut bread
- 4 Eggs
- 2 T. Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C. or more Heavy whipping cream
- 2 T. Honey
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 t. Cinnamon
- 1 t. Vanilla
- 2 C. Corn Flakes or Frosted Flakes
- Mix everything together except corn flakes and bread.
- Pour corn flakes in a ziplock plastic bag and roughly crush with bottom of measuring cup. You could do it with your hand but it will feel like 1000 little cuts. Pour into shallow dish.
- Working 1 at a time, dip bread into egg mixture, then place soaked bread in corn flakes and press into the corn flakes, repeat on other side.
- Heat griddle or pan, melt some butter and add bread and cook per side or until browned.
- Serve with syrup and butter
One thought to “Crunchy French Toast”
I make a variation of this all the time, try it out, I bet you will love it!
Smash the Frosted Flakes up a little bit mix grated coconut in with it, dip your French toast in it and fry it in butter, sooo good! You can use maple syrup or coconut syrup.
Comments are closed.