You haven’t had coffee cake until you’ve made this coffee cake recipe. This a no frills recipe, just good down home tastyliciousness. I believe this recipe comes from my Mother-in-law’s repertoire. Handed down to her from her high school home-ec teacher. Beyond that we can speculate where it came from, but I would like to imagine it being handed down from mother to daughter etc etc. My wife makes this for me on my birthday and other special occasions or when she doesn’t want waffles or pancakes for breakfast.
Good Ol’ Fashioned Coffee Cake
Courtesy of my Wife and her Mom
- 1 1/2 C. Sugar
- 1/2 C. (1 cube) softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 C. Milk
- 3 C. Flour
- 1 t. Salt
- 4 t. Baking Powder
Streusel Mix with fork.
- 1 C. brown sugar
- 1/4 C. flour
- 1 1/4 t. cinnamon
- 1 cube butter softened not melted
- Preheat oven to 325, Grease 9×13 pan
- Mix all of top ingredients together to form main batter.
- Pour in half of batter, sprinkle 1/2 of streusel, pour rest of batter and then rest of streusel on top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes