I love breakfast foods. Most of them are like desserts, but you can have them for a whole meal! You have a sugar rush to start your day. Isn’t that the best thing ever? This crunchy french toast is a fun twist on french toast. I have had some frosted flakes in my pantry for a while. The girls haven’t wanted to eat it whatsoever, not sure why not but whatever. I figured I would try to use some of it up. I had seen some recipes where people used Captain Crunch or corn flakes as a kind of batter or outside. I figured I would give it a try. The end result was fantastic. The kids really enjoyed it and thats good enough for me. I hope you try it.
Crunchy French Toast
- 1 loaf Challah bread cut thick or 8 slices thick cut bread
- 4 Eggs
- 2 T. Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C. or more Heavy whipping cream
- 2 T. Honey
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 t. Cinnamon
- 1 t. Vanilla
- 2 C. Corn Flakes or Frosted Flakes
- Mix everything together except corn flakes and bread.
- Pour corn flakes in a ziplock plastic bag and roughly crush with bottom of measuring cup. You could do it with your hand but it will feel like 1000 little cuts. Pour into shallow dish.
- Working 1 at a time, dip bread into egg mixture, then place soaked bread in corn flakes and press into the corn flakes, repeat on other side.
- Heat griddle or pan, melt some butter and add bread and cook per side or until browned.
- Serve with syrup and butter