I feel I do a lot of apologizing on here, I don’t post as much as I want to at all. It has been months since I posted anything. I am sorry about that. But this time I have a good excuse. We started looking for a new house around the time of my last post. That took up all our extra time and energy. Finally, after about 100 homes we found one that we ended up getting an offer accepted. It has everything we wanted except for 1 thing, a large back yard. Otherwise we are extremely happy. One of the best things about the new home is the kitchen! Behold…my kitchen!
Isn’t it awesome! I loved the kitchen in our old home but this one is awesome! Tons of counter space, natural light, lots of plugs, etc. etc. I can’t wait to do some more posts!
Now on to more pressing matters…
I remember when I was a kid, every once in a while my parents would get me a box of Fiddle Faddle and I would eat it in one sitting. It was so addicting. I would munch and munch until there was nothing left. Oh the good ol’ times when I didn’t have to worry about carbs or whatever that was going to make me fat. I digress. This stuff is the same way, its so good and so addicting you will want to eat and eat until its all gone and you are so full you feel like you are going to burst.
So yeah, its good. Doesn’t hurt that its super easy, although it is a little time consuming so plan ahead. It may be better to make it the night ahead.
Chocolate Drizzled Caramel Corn
- 3 Bags of microwave popcorn popped, buttered or plain
- 1 C. Butter
- 2 C. Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C. Light Corn Syrup
- 1 t. Vanilla
- 1/2 t. Baking Soda
- 1 12oz. bag chocolate chips (If you want zebra drizzled caramel corn use half milk chocolate and half white chocolate)
- Pop your popcorn. Pour and spread popped popcorn over 2 cookie sheets.
- Heat oven to 250 degrees.
- In medium saucepan combine butter, sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Over medium low heat bring the mixture to a boil and boil for 5 min. Add vanilla and baking soda (its going to foam up so make sure you have a large enough sauce pan)
- Pour evenly over popcorn and mix together until popcorn is thoroughly coated, about 2 mins.
- Put cookie sheets with popcorn into heated oven. You will cook this for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in either a double boiler or in the microwave. Drizzle melted chocolate over caramel corn and let cool for about 30 minutes